Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Junior Hui

At the moment it feels like just about everyone has lost a tooth! Today we took turns to speak on the microphone at our Junior School Hui. Ka pai Room 4.







Happy Smile
Got my toothpaste, got my brush,
I won’t hurry, I won’t rush.
Making sure my teeth are clean, front and back and in between.
When I brush for quite a while,
I will have a happy smile!

Fun Facts About Teeth to Keep you Smiling


In Science we learnt that…

·                  Humans get two sets of teeth...
·     Baby teeth usually get replaced by adult teeth between the ages of 6 and 12. So don’t worry if you haven’t lost a tooth yet!
·     
  • Chimpanzees have 32 teeth, the same as humans.

  • Like a tree, you can tell how old a dolphin is by the layers in its teeth. 

·         Sharks’ teeth fall out very easily, but the next row replaces them within a few days.
·     
         Lions don’t chew before they swallow. They just use their back teeth, which work         like a pair of scissors, to cut up meat in chunks. 
·     
         An alligator can go through 2,000 to 3,000 teeth in one lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment